ARX Update September 1, 2018:
The launch frames went out and much has been learned. The ARX-5R is definitely the style that won out (no more inverted frames). Crashability has been poor with the arms (no surprise) but the rest of the frame has always stayed intact. For the new version, there are changes in the works:
- Overall layout will remain the same
- The base/arm interface has been redesigned to remove the weak points – this has been the biggest problem area
- The arm “clamp” screws will be moved to the outside corner to prevent the arms bending out of place
- The new version will have 2mm thick arms
- There will be a thinner/lighter version available with 1.5mm arms
- Beefier design overall
- The battery cage will be redesigned to accommodate 6S
What About Aerodynamics?
This is currently being addressed. Things are in motion to have an XLR type frame produced.
Sconeboy’s description of the ARX-IR Frame: “I just couldn’t believe speed and acceleration. I have a couple 6s Mericas and they feel so slow in comparison.”
ZombieSS77’s description of the ARX-5R Frame: “The short description is, this frame performs on 4S the way most perform on 6S, it’s a monster.”
Basic characteristics of all ARX frames:
*Patent pending no. 62/643,162