Speed run on August 10, 2017:
Link to data/analysis:
July 24, 2017: Big breakthroughs in frame design. Had to ditch the VXV for this one. This may be a series of frames, so I am denoting the difference with the motor to motor distance (since it is another z-frame, this distance is measured in 3 dimensions).
August 6, 2017: this past Friday, this frame hit 155.4 mph on a 4s lipo and 172.0 mph on a 5s. I admit that it was very windy so I am waiting for a calmer day to get a more honest reading. Below are the videos blackbox log links (includes GPS .cvs file data if you use the blackbox decoder). If you haven’t read about it yet, GPS is the way to go for recording velocity.
- 155.4 mph blackbox log link
Final Refinement for the VX Series?
Yes it is. This is just basically a refinement of the original VX1. A few of the details:
- Frame weight of 48g – able to withstand me standing on it (I’m a lightweight at 165lbs.).
- Drag coefficient drastically reduced
- Cross section drastically reduced
- 5s lipo
- Spedix ES 30 HV ESCs
- Cobra 2207 2450kv motors
- Betaflight F3 flight controller
- ublox M8N GPS to log velocity